Monday 6 April 2015

Bookmarks

I am so lucky to have spent the last year on the Dreamweaver Dream Team and to now be on the Woodware Design Team.  I love all the Woodware products and can safely say I have been using them for the last 11 or 12 years.

When I got the list of titles for the next few months I was really inspired. The theme of bookmarks seemed to be a great idea........... even though many people are now using technology for their reading a book mark still is handy for those books that we all have.






The list of things I used is below:-
A4 White card
A5 white card
A4 black card
Black Momento ink pad
Clear Magic Decorative Dove JGS384 
Clear Magic Owl stamp set
Colouring medium of your choice
Black Micron Pigma Pen 0.3
Dutch Doodledoo Butterflies
Liquid pearls - white
Watermark Ink pad
Dreamweaver Metallic FX - Gold Dust
Olive green organza ribbon with dots

TOOLS
Paper Trimmer -Straight Blade and Perforating Blades
Stencil Brush
Cut and Dry Foam



The first step was cutting the white card to the depth I wanted my bookmark to be, this piece was the score into 4 equal panels and the angled tops of the bookmarks were then cut (I marked my card at 1'' and this gave me the top I wanted).  Once this was done I then re-scored the lines with the perforating blade, the bookmarks could then be detached.



The black panels were the next to be cut and applied to the card.  The Owl panels were stamped  and coloured.,the green background was achieved by using Cut and Dry foam and a green ink pad.  For the middle panel the strings holding the bird houses was done using the Dangles technique and the micron pen.  This was also used for the Faux stitching around the white panels.



The front panel was the last panel to be done and  for this I stamped the sentiment from the Decorative Dove Stamp set.  I used the watermark ink pad and then covered this with the Dreamweaver Metallic FX Gold Dust powder.  The butterflies were then applied and the liquid pearls provided my butterfly trails.





The front panel, the butterflies were only glued down the bodies so that the wings could be lifted.  The final thing i did was to attach the ribbon bows at the top of the bookmarks.

Hope you like my 3 Bookmark Gift card

Thanks for stopping by


Regards 

Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment