Friday 25 March 2016

Masking - Any Type - Day 5

Masking -  the technique of hiding layers with cover and when removed gives the illusion of 3D layers.  

I find masking interesting to do as when working the technique you are working from the front to the back as opposed to working back to front as with normal cards.

As Spring will be here soon I thought brights and pastels would be appropriate.

So here is this weeks project:-




The things I used:-

A5 piece of white linen card
Post it notes
Alcohol markers (or any colouring medium you require.
Versafine Black ink pad
Stampendous stamp set Daisy Mix
Diamond sparkles glitter glue

The is the way I made the card:-

1  Take 3 or 4 post it notes and stamp the floral image you are doing on to them (I used in total 6 images).  Cut the individual images out, these are you masks.  To save some time  I cut more than on post it note at a time.  REMEMBER when stamping always ensure that some of the stick of the post it note still has the sticky bit on it.  This will secure the mask is held in place.

2  Once step one is completed take the A5 piece of white linen card and score  At this point don't fold the card base, this will be done later, giving  a A6 card blank. 

3 Take the floral stamp and stamp the image using Versafine Black ink pad where you want the front flower to be, take one of the masks and cover the image just stamped. Move to the next place you want an image stamping and stamp using the versafine. repeat the step until all the different stamped images are done.  With the leaves I left all the flower masks in place  before stamping the leaves.This can be seen in the pictue below.



4  When all the stamping has been done the colouring is done you can use what ever colouring medium you what.

5 when colouring I left all the flower centre un-coloured as I couldn't decide how I was going to get texture. .Eventually I coloured the centres all yellow and the covered the centres with the diamond sparkles glitter glue

There you have it the completed card.  Hope you like this.  Remember to check out the Woodware blog for more inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by.

Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment