Friday 9 September 2016

Sketch 54 ...........Day 5

Everyone struggles from time to time from mental blocks--------What should I do, How can I achieve this, What  do I want for my card, What is the theme.  These days numerous magazines include sketches to get you the design idea and an idea of what the design looks like.  As well as the magazine sketches there are websites and books that deal totally with sketches.  This week we have a sketch to follow, the sketch is only an idea and doesn't have to be exactly the same when you complete it.


The card I have done this week is really quick and could be done as a batch card.

So here is this weeks card



This is what I used

7'' x 7'' cream card blank
A4 Sheet of Gold Mirri
6'' x 12'' piece of very pale patterned paper
Stickles glitter glue Red
Distress ink pad mid green
15mm Red organza ribbon
Merry Christmas, Christmas topper
Blending tool
Adhesives

This is the process I used:-

1  Cut 4 pieces of the gold mirri.  The sizes are 6 1/2'' x 6 1/2'', 3 1/4'' x 5 1/2'', 3/4'' x 5 3/4, and 2'' x 4''.

2 Cut from the patterned paper 4 pieces, These pieces are all cut so that there will be a 1/4'' border around them of gold mirri.  The sizes are 6 1/4'' x 6 1/4'', 3'' x 5 1/4'', 1/2'' x 5 1/2'' , and 1 3/4'' x 3 3/4''.

3  Use the bending tool and ink pad and blend around the edge of the front of the card base, and also around all the patterned paper. This will give a distressed edge and definition between layers.



4  Layer up all the pieces in pairs.

5  Select the largest pair of square pieces (They are already stuck together) and stick to the base card.


 

6  Complete sticking the pieces of the design on to your card following the sketch.  I used double sided tape.

7  Once all the pieces are attached in place take the Santa embellishments and place on to the card.


8  Use the red stickles glitter glue and put a dot in each corner of the patterned paper and also in the top left and bottom right I put 5 dots of the glitter glue.


9  Finally  you guessed it I tied a bow and stuck this to the horizontal bar below Santa.

There is my card, I hope you like it.  For more ideas and inspiration check out the Woodware blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gill












No comments:

Post a Comment