Friday 21 October 2016

Woodware and Crafty cardmakers - Things that go bump in the night

 This week Woodware are again sponsoring Crafty Cardmakers this week the theme is Things That Go Bump in The Night the theme runs for two weeks on there blog.
CraftyCardMakers2016Header
Don't forget to check out the Crafty Cardmakers blog and play along with us all, we have a prize!



Halloween seems to increasing in popularity here in the UK, the main cards I have done have been for friends in the USA although I have sent the odd one to family here in the UK.
Halloween means different things to different people, and is represented by different  things everything from witches to skeletons and ghosts and ghouls.  All things that may go bump in the night.  My card this week is on I made a couple of years ago.

So here is my take on Halloween.   




I used Dreamweaver Tree Line Die DG745, Dreamweaver Spider Stencil LS28, Stampendous Stamps: CRM315, CRH309 and SSC1174
Co-ordinations card in various colours.



The techniques I used were dry embossing for the spider then sanded back, simple stamping for the images. I coloured the Mr Skelton in a soft lead pencil and the colour with Souffle pen and Copic marker. The die was cut from black card, the edges of some panels were distressed.  I thought it was quite 'Halloweeny'.

Sorry for the short description and details in the post, but I hopefully you can follow the techniques that I used. Hope you like my card.


Thanks for stopping by

Gill


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card, the tree line die is fabulous and I do think your take on Halloween is spot on. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    Glenda
    DT

    ReplyDelete